Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids and this fresh summer salad will be hitting all the right tastebuds and definitely making your work colleagues jealous!
180g sliced smoked salmon
1/2 red onion
2 baby fennel bulbs
60g baby spinach
1 teaspoon lemon rind
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
2 tablespoons fresh chives
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
1 tablespoon salted baby capers
1/2 cup green lentils
1/2 cup natural yoghurt
Pinch of caster sugar
1. In a large saucepan of boiling water cook lentils as directed on the packet until tender. Drain.
2. While lentils are cooking, heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Spray fennel slices with oil and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until tender.
3. Process the yoghurt, parsley, chives, tarragon, capers and lemon rind in a food processor until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. To make the dressing, place red onion, lemon juice, sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes and drain.
5. Combine lentils, fennel, onion, spinach and avocado in a large bowl. Divide among plates and top with the smoked salmon. Drizzle with the dressing to taste.
(picture is an example only)