Dinner is served with our fabulous Veggie Cauliflower Pizza, perfect for the pizza lover in every family!
1 cauliflower head, roughly chopped
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup presliced cremini mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced red capsicum
1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 garlic cloves, minced
shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 2/3 cup)
2 large egg whites
grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup thinly sliced seeded tomatoes
2/3 cup fresh baby spinach
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees
2. Place half of the cauliflower in a food processor; pulse 10 to 15 times or until finely chopped (like rice). Transfer cauliflower to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat procedure with remaining cauliflower. Coat cauliflower with cooking spray. Bake at 190 degrees for 25 minutes, stirring once, then allow to cool.
3. Increase oven temp to 230 degrees
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms and capsicum and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender. Set aside.
5. Place cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel. Squeeze until very dry. Combine cauliflower, remaining 1 teaspoon oil, 1/4 cup basil, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, salt, garlic, 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, egg whites, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Press cauliflower mixture into 2 (8-inch) circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Coat crusts with cooking spray.
6. Bake crusts at 190, 22 minutes or until browned. Remove pan from oven; top crusts evenly with mushroom mixture, tomatoes, spinach, remaining 1/4 cup basil, remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, and remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake an additional 7 minutes or until cheese melts.
(picture is an example only)