Woman Dies During Lamington Eating Competition In Qld


A woman has choked on a piece of lamington and died during an Australia Day eating competition on the Fraser Coast in Queensland.

She collapsed during the competition at the Beach House Hotel at Scarness, Hervey Bay on Sunday, according to 9 News.  

Paramedics performed CPR on the 60-year-old, who is believed to have suffered a seizure.

She couldn't be revived.

Police are investigating the death and will prepare a report for the coroner.

By Michelle Brewer