Dryer sparks fire in Avenell Heights home

July 26, 2023 7:09 am in by

A woman’s been taken to Bundaberg Hospital with smoke inhalation after a clothes dryer caught on fire.

Emergency services were called to Jensen Street, Avenell Heights around 6:45 Tuesday night.

Three fire fighting crews managed to contain the blaze to the appliance, although it sent smoke throughout the home.

Article continues after this ad

The fire was under control within 20 minutes with Ergon crews also attending.

It’s the third house fire in the Bundaberg region in the past week.