Increased calls for safety following electric shock injuries

May 12, 2023 9:52 am in by
Image: Pixabay

A shock or tingle around the home could be life-threatening.

It’s reported thousands of Queensland households are being exposed to electrical dangers, with some not recognising the risk, and others confused over who to report it to.

In the past 12 months, Ergon Energy crews have been called out to nearly 2500 premises to investigate reports of electric shocks, 184 of these were in the Wide Bay region.

Article continues after this ad

“A tingle from a tap or from a power point isn’t the same as a leaky tap or other minor household maintenance – it indicates an urgent, possibly lethal electrical problem and it needs to be reported and investigated ASAP,” Ergon Energy Area Manager Peter Lougheed says.

Residents are being urged to immediately report any shock, however seemingly minor to Ergon Energy on 13 16 70.